Why Can’t I Post on OnlyFans?
Written by, 16best Team
Updated August, 22, 2023
Are you not able to post on OnlyFans? It is most likely that the error is related to account verification problems and other content policies.
OnlyFans asks its creators to verify their identity before they start posting in order to provide a safe community to them and their subscribers.
OnlyFans is primarily media-based, which means that not being able to upload media is a frustrating issue for the creators.
However, if you were unable to provide proper information for your account verification, it could be the reason behind your inability to post. If your information was unapproved or insufficient, then you will not be allowed to post – even if you can still login into your OnlyFans account.
Account Verification and Restrictions
OnlyFans have strict account verification policies so that they can ensure compliance and security, both for its creators and subscribers. According to the website, the creators have to comply with the following age and identity verification requirements.
- They must be at least 18 years of age. This rule applies to both creators and Fans.
- Anyone under the age of 18 is restricted via strict content policies from viewing, posting, or accessing any of the content on OnlyFans.
- OnlyFans use heavy technology and human moderation teams to ensure that the verification policies are strictly followed.
Furthermore, creators must provide the following information and documents before they are allowed to post content on OnlyFans;
- Their full name
- Postal address
- Verified email address
- Valid government photo ID
- Date of birth
- Standalone selfie
- Social media account handles
- Selfie while they are holding their photo ID
- Bank account information.
OnlyFans proactively check the Fan and Creator accounts to confirm the identity verification and age. This is done using human intelligence and technology, as the platform is heavily concerned about investigations that guarantee the safety of the community. The platform also investigates any concerns that arise from third parties like commercial partners, law enforcement, and non-governmental organizations.
Before you start questioning why you cannot post on OnlyFans, know that the social platform rejected around 59% percent of their account applications in 2021. This was done as the rejected accounts failed to meet their strict policies of the vetting process and account verification.
This is why your inability to post can result from either technical problems or community violations. Let’s take a deeper look and understand why you cannot post and how to complete or check the verification process.
Reasons and Tips for Preventing Posting Issues
There are three major reasons why there are issues with posting on OnlyFans. Strictly adhering to the account verification processes and content policies and uploading any media within the guidelines and restrictions is the key to uninterrupted posting on OnlyFans.
Content Violation or Policy Breach
OnlyFans can stop you from posting on the social platform due to a variety of reasons;
- Verification Problems: OnlyFans ask their creators to prove their identity before they can start submitting any media on the platform. If you haven’t finished the verification process, it can be a reason why you cannot post.
- Rejected Accounts: Even if you submitted all the required information, OnlyFans can prevent you from posting as it undergoes the evaluation process of your account. The moderators have the right to remove your access to post anytime during the reviewing process.
- Content Policies: OnlyFans have certain content restrictions and limits. If the creators do not adhere to these policies, they wouldn’t be allowed to submit their media. The following reasons are the most common behind rejected applications;
- The cover images and profile pictures are misleading.
- The cover images and profile pictures contain sexual material or nudity.
- Additional documents for two or more creators are not submitted, like government-issued non-expired IDs and selfie photos with government-issued-non-expired IDs.
- The accounts promote escort services.
- The accounts suggest direct contact with Fans, which is strictly prohibited.
- The accounts suggest a third-party payment service in their website URL, about section, cover images, or profile photos.
- The account owners are not over the age of 18.
Technical Issues and Glitches
Technical issues are also the reason why you are unable to post on the online platform. A technical malfunction or unstable internet can prevent the creators from posting. These technical glitches can increase the time of upload or prevent and fail uploading altogether. If you are posting large media items, such as photos and videos, we recommend you do it when you have a fast and reliable internet connection. Otherwise, the sluggish internet connection will give you a lot of trouble posting.
Subscription Level Limitations
Content creators on OnlyFans offer monetized content to their subscribers in exchange for a monthly subscription fee. When the users subscribe to the creator’s profile, they will gain access to the exclusive content. This subscription is auto-renewed, but the users are free to unsubscribe any time they like.
Contacting OnlyFans Support
There are three ways to contact OnlyFans support when you are having problems with posting. These are;
- Creating a ticket from your OnlyFans account. Go to the help center, and click on the “Take me to support” link.
- Email OnlyFans at the address found on their Twitter account. Or better, read the FAQs answered on Help Center to solve your query.
- Ping OnlyFans on Twitter or send them a direct message.
By recognizing and following the mentioned steps, you can hopefully start posting on OnlyFans again and enjoy the benefits that come with the widely popular social platform.