The future has been at the center of human curiosity since ancient times.
Many rulers and ancient kings had their own gurus, psychics, and vision tellers — people that claimed to have visions and the ability to sense what’s coming in the future, i.e., interpreters of human destiny. These people used many different ways of fortune-telling like Tarot cards, the stars, the zodiac, and one of the most popular – looking into a crystal ball.
But, you no longer need to search for a gypsy woman on a fair for real crystal ball reading!
Stay with us and read on to learn how to read a crystal ball.
What is a Crystal Ball?
A crystal ball is a transparent sphere used for divination and fortune-telling. The belief in the magical power of crystal balls dates back to ancient times, and many different cultures throughout history have used them.
As an ancient talismanic object, a transparent crystal ball was used to sense the aura and energy of the person who wants to know their future.
And though there are many different ways to use a crystal ball, the most common is to gaze into it to see visions of the future. This is called “scrying.” While the practice of using crystal balls for fortune telling is commonly known as ‘crystal gazing.’
People tend to have different opinions on what a crystal ball actually represents; Some people believe that the crystal ball itself has magical properties. At the same time, others believe that it is simply a tool that allows the user to tap into their psychic abilities.
The Benefits of Reading a Crystal Ball
There are many benefits to reading a crystal ball. And here are some of them:
- It can help you see into the future and predict what may happen.
- It can also guide you on what you should do in your life.
- Helps you communicate with other people who have passed away.
- Bring your meditations to the next level.
- Harmony and prosperity in your home/workplace.
- Gemstone sphere for massages.
- You can also use a crystal ball for healing purposes.
How To Choose a Crystal Ball?
Crystal balls come in many sizes – from pocket size to large spheres. However, your crystal ball size should be medium-sized if you want to use it for fortune-telling.
Also, crystal balls are usually made from quartz, a type of crystal known for its clarity and ability to amplify energy. Consequently, they can also be made out of lead crystal or other crystals (amethyst, citrine, jade, etc.).
So, when searching for the right crystal ball for fortune-telling – the best thing to do is to let it choose you and draw you in with its energy.
How To Prepare For Your Reading?
When preparing for crystal gazing – your mind must be clear, and you should direct your focus on only one thing – your question. All strength must be given to the importance of this question so that the Universe and the Grand Force recognize its importance. Briefly said, it should represent your outer and inner self.
Therefore, finding a quiet place, cleansing yourself, and prior meditations are the starting preparations before actually engaging in crystal ball reading.
How to Read a Crystal Ball: A Step by Step Guide
Want to know how to use a crystal ball for fortune-telling?
These are the nine essential steps:
- Cleanse yourself and your sacred space – sage has been used to chase away bad energies and unwanted presence from objects. You can use it to cleanse your crystals, including the crystal ball, and yourself.
Cleansing should be done at least 24 hours before the crystal ball reading.
- Charge your crystal ball – the most common practice for charging crystals are the Sun’s and Moon’s rays. It would be best to place your crystal ball on the grass or directly on the soil for best charging results.
Mind that this step should be done at least 24 hours prior to your reading.
- Dim the room – but still, leave candlelight or a salt lamp near the ball for clear vision. This would help your additional focus on the crystal sphere.
- Concentrate – sit in your cleansed sacred place, and ask the guiding question while touching the crystal. Share a connection.
Crystal gazing requires a lot of patience and focus. Thus, a prior deep meditation focusing on your question should be of much assistance.
- Breath deeply – like in meditation, crystal gazing acquires a deeper state of mind and focus, which you can enter through deep breathing.
- Don’t try to connect the images – instead, try to focus on remembering any images and symbols you see in the sphere – those reflect your mind’s visions.
- Be the receiver – don’t push your expectations into the ball, but rather be ‘an empty book’ – and let the Higher Force enter your realm.
The process may take minutes, or hours, depending on your level of expertise in the spiritual world and your psychic abilities.
- Thank the Higher Force – after you’re done, don’t ever forget to thank the Higher Force that lets you see the visions out of your own time.
- Clean the crystal – after performing a crystal gazing, you should always clean your ball and the sacred space. This is done because other physical or metaphysical forces may interfere with the visions you saw; the same may take consequences in the future.
Common Misconceptions About Reading a Crystal Ball
As with many other ancient divination practices and symbols, crystal gazing has related myths about to be busted.
- Not all gypsy women can do crystal ball gazing.
- Crystal ball gazing is not performed only by people with ‘special powers and abilities.’ Everyone who is persistent and devoted to the practice and the Universe can succeed in crystal ball gazing.
- There will be images and symbols in the crystal ball visible to everyone in the room — this is a spheric crystal ball, not a projector, after all.
- A dark portal to the spirit realm will be opened during crystal gazing. The same will demand answers from spirits who are no longer present in the human world but still might be reached. However, in no case should you expect a ‘ghost apocalypse’ since this is not something that would happen during crystal gazing.
- Knowing your future by crystal gazing costs a lot. Many online sites require payments, and many psychics would ask hundreds of dollars to foretell your future. Still, it is important to know that this is something you can do by yourself if you’re persistent enough.
What To Do If You See A Future You Don’t Like?
If you still doubt whether crystal balls actually work, then it may not be the best practice to test it out and continue heading down the same path you’re going. However, keep in mind that it’s the exact path that brought those visions up ahead of you, and instead of ignoring them, it would be best if you start making changes in your life.
By implementing specific changes in your life, you can prevent what’s ahead on the path paved by your previous steps and lookout for a better future ahead.
Here are some things you might do to prevent a future you don’t like but have already seen:
- If there’s another person in the vision, start distracting them from your life.
- Start changing your habits that have something to do with the vision. For example, going to a bar or a particular place from the vision.
- Leave the negative thoughts and revengeful actions aside.
- Put a closure. If the vision was related to something or someone who’s not present in your life, but you want them to be. Just let it be – it will be for the best.
- Spend more time in nature. Nature and its surroundings are the best possible way to get rid of negative influences and dark forces that try to enter your realm.
- Be more mindful about your steps. Remember that the course of action-reaction is 100% true, and it’s the central concept of logic of our own world of consequences.
- Be more positive and vibrate on a higher level — this changes how you see yourself and your future.
Final Thoughts: Excited For Your Crystal Ball Gazing?
So, there you have it, people! How to read a crystal ball. It’s not as difficult as it may seem.
Just remember the basics:
- focus on your question,
- use the right tools,
- and trust your intuition.
And if all else fails, remember that practice makes perfect!
So get out there and start reading those crystal balls like a pro.