Do you need to share a message with someone that only they can view?
If your answer is ‘yes’ then you should know that this is possible by including a hidden message link in your Facebook post. This link will allow the recipient to view the message without anyone else seeing it.
This guide will elaborate on how to add a secret message link to your Facebook post. We’ll also give you some tips on how to make sure that the link is secure.
So, let’s get started!
How to Put Secret Message Link in a Facebook Profile?
Straight to the point, here’s a step-by-step guide on how to add a secret message link to your Facebook profile:
Create your secret message link
- The first step is to create your secret message link. You can do this by using a tool like LinkGenerator or Bitly.com.
Copy your secret message link
- Next, to copy your secret message link, go to the settings on your Facebook profile and find the ‘Contact’ section.
- In this section, find the ‘Other’ field and enter your secret message link into the text box. You will also need to enter a description of your link and any other relevant information that you want people to know about it.
- Once you have entered all of the necessary details, click on the ‘Save Changes’ button to finalize your changes and update your Facebook profile.
Paste your secret message Link
You can click on that link to copy it to your clipboard and then paste it into any apps or websites where you want to share it. Or, you can share your secret message link directly with people by sending it to them in a private message on Facebook, or by sharing it on your timeline, or in a post.
- Now, whenever someone clicks on your secret message link, they will be taken to a hidden section of your Facebook profile that contains the unique message or content you have created.
They won’t be able to see this section unless they know the link, making it a smart way to share private information or messages with your friends and family on Facebook.
Important: Test out the link you copied
- To test out the link you copied, go to any app or website where you can paste text (a social media platform or messaging app).
- Once there, paste your secret message link into the text field and click on “OK” or “Paste” to activate it.
- You should see the hidden content on your profile, proving that the link is working correctly. But, if you don’t see the hidden content, ensure you copied the link correctly and try again.
You can also send your secret message link to a friend or family member to test it out. Just copy and paste the link into a private message on Facebook or any messaging app, then send it to the person you want to test it out with. If they are able to see the hidden content on your profile, then the link is working correctly.
- If you are having trouble copying your secret message link, make sure that you are in the correct section of your Facebook profile settings.
- To find the ‘Contact’ section, go to your profile and click on the ‘Edit Profile’ button.
- In the ‘About’ tab, scroll down until you see the ‘Contact’ section near the bottom of the page.
- And, if you are having trouble pasting your secret message link into apps or websites, select all of the text before copying it. This can be done by holding down the “Ctrl” or “Command” key on your keyboard and clicking on any part of the text to select it all. Once you have selected the text, press the “Ctrl” or “Command” key and the letter “C” at the same time to copy it.
- If you are still having trouble copying or pasting your secret message link, restart your computer or web browser and try again. Or use a different computer or web browser to see if it makes any difference.
- However, if the problem persists and you still can’t access the hidden content on your profile, make sure that you are logged into Facebook with the correct account.
- If you happen to be logged into multiple accounts, try logging out of all of them except for the one containing your secret message link.
- Finally, if you still have trouble accessing the hidden content, try deleting your secret message link and creating a new one.
Nevertheless, if you still can’t access/see the hidden content on your profile, try contacting Facebook support for more help.
Edit your links if necessary
- To edit your secret message link, go back to the settings on your Facebook profile and locate the ‘Contact’ section.
- Here, you can click on your secret message link to make any changes that you need, like updating the description or adding additional information about it.
- Once you’re done editing your link, click on the ‘Save Changes’ button to update your profile.
- To delete your secret message link, go back to the settings on your Facebook profile and once again find the ‘Contact’ section.
- Click on the ‘Remove’ button next to your secret message link, and confirm that you want to delete it by clicking on the ‘Remove’ button again. This will remove your link from your profile and prevent anyone from accessing its hidden content.
There you have it! Now you know how to put a secret message link in your Facebook profile.
We hope that this guide has been helpful and that you can now communicate with your friends and family in a fun, new, and private way.
Don’t be strangers and check in with us more often for the latest news and trends in the world of social media platforms.
How to restore deleted secret messages?
Accidentally deleted a secret message and want to restore it? You can do so by navigating to the ‘Secret Conversations’ section of your Facebook profile settings.
From here, click on the ‘View Archived Secret Conversations’ button and select the conversation you want to restore from the list.
Once your conversation has been restored, you can reaccess it by clicking on the ‘Active’ button in your ‘Secret Conversations’ section.
If you cannot access your ‘Secret Conversations’ section, make sure that you are logged into Facebook with your exact account and have enabled ‘Secret Conversations’ for that particular profile. Or, you can also restart your computer/ web browser and give it a second try.